Established in 1986 Romano Home Inspection Co. Inc.
Work 978-360-4999 Cell 978-360-4999
Email us at email@example.com
We at Romano Home Inspection Co. Inc. We are continuing to conduct home inspections during this national virus issue. We are following a protocol during inspections.
- We will reschedule the inspection if I or you feel sick, or if you exhibit symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- We will bring our own anti-bacterial soap, towel, hand sanitizer, and shoe covers.
- We will use hand sanitizer before entering the home, and wash our hands as recommended before and throughout the inspection.
- We will wear disposable shoe covers when entering the home.
- We will wear disposable face mask.
- We will not shake hands, bump fists, or touch elbows.
- I will avoid touching my face.
- I will wash my hands after inspecting each bathroom and the kitchen.
- I will wipe bathroom, kitchen fixtures and toilet handles with a sanitizing wipe after inspecting these areas. I will be sure to follow the wipe instructions.
- I will wipe door handle/knob inside and outside the home as I enter and leave the home.
Recommended For Buyers and Real Estate Agents:
- If you wish to attend, do so only at the end of the inspection or keep a safe distance.
- Do not bring children, relatives, contractors, and others to the inspection.
- Reschedule the inspection if you feel sick, or if you exhibit symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- Use hand sanitizer before entering and before leaving the home.
- Touch as few things in the home as possible.
- Reschedule the inspection if anyone in the home feels sick, or exhibits symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- Do not attend the inspection. Make arrangements for children, relatives, and others to be out of the home during the inspection.
- Wipe bathroom and kitchen fixtures, toilet handles, and doorknobs with a sanitizing wipe before the inspection. Be sure the wipe instructions allow use on the surface.
We service clients in and Boston to the North Shore, Metro West, Southern New Hampshire and Southern Maine experience in residential, commercial inspections and investment properties.
John is a proud member American Society of Home Inspectors ASHI ® #94994 and is ACI certified.
Why hire Romano Home Inspection Co. Inc.
34 Years of experience with residential and commercial Inspections. We have vast knowledge with construction of and have conducted inspections and repairs with the following;
- Wood balloon, platform framed buildings
- Timber frame building
- Antique buildings
- Ocean front homes or condo's
- Log homes
- Mobile homes
- Multi unit buildings
- Mix use buildings
- Commercial buildings
- Infrared Inspections (Water and Moisture Investigations)
- USAS aerial drone inspections (Complex Roof Systems)
We offer residential and commercial inspections.
We also offer consulting services and exert witness with regards to homes, condos, and septic systems. We are fully insured. Give us a call and we will go over our detailed home inspection process.
If you are interested in additional services such as;
Radon in air We use a state of the art continuous radon monitor
Water quality (private well or municipal water)
Infrared inspection and Moisture Meter Flir E8 infrared camera and Tramax Encounter Plus moisture meter are used for suspected water penetration, moisture investigations. We also check the electric panel hot spots and floor radiant heating.
Wood destroying insect inspection Termites, carpenter ant, carpenter bees, powder post beetles and boring beetles.
Aerial drone inspection Used for complex roof systems, multi level roof systems
Give us a call to chat. We offer discounts on two or more multiple added services
978-360-4999 978-360-4999 Cell
If you think hiring an expert is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur.
Our licenses and certifications include;
- Ma. Home Inspection
- NH Home Inspection
- Ma. Oil burner
- Nation wide HVAC RRR certification
- Wood destroying insects
- Carbon Monoxide inspection
- Licensed FAA USAS Drone Pilot
- Certified Residential Thermographer (Infrared)
- Retired construction supervisor
- Retired septic system inspector
- Retired Soils evaluator
John is a retired Ma. Construction supervisor, Title 5 septic systems inspector and Soil Evaluator. We hold vast knowledge in those fields and stay on top of changing regulations.
All listed home inspections for single family homes or with four units or less in any one building and condominium with four or less condo units in a building are performed to Massachusetts Standards of Practice, New Hampshire Standards of Practice and code of ethics.
At Romano Home Inspection we do not put time limits on our inspections. The inspection takes as long as it takes. We will not leave the inspection site until you have a good understanding of the homes good points and issues uncovered during the inspection.
Drone inspections and infrared inspections are available for both residential and commercial buildings. Ask how these will benefit you with your inspection.
Did you know condo's with more than 4 units in a building are not regulated under Massachusetts 266.CMR standards of practice or New Hampshire 600. standards of practice. However, we follow the same inspection procedure and write up the same type of report but omit the language regarding the those standards and codes of ethics.
Post Purchase home inspections;
The last two years there has been a shortage of homes for sale (low inventory) as opposed to the number of buyers in the market purchasing homes. We are now seeing in many cases 20 plus home buyers putting in an offer to purchase a home. You may have been advised to wave the home inspection in hopes of being put to the the top of the list for acceptance. This I feel is a risk you as a home purchaser may be taking which may lead to unsafe conditions, health issues and water related issues. In the Northeast there are a lot of old homes and many have undergone remodeling. There are a lot of old homes being flipped as well. If you purchased a home and waived the home inspection, you should be aware there may be unsafe conditions, water related issues and radon in air and water just to name a few hazards and health issues. We have been seeing an uptick requests to conduct post purchase home inspections.
What we are finding in many old homes live knob and tube wiring, unsafe wiring even with newer branch circuit wiring, underground fuel oil storage tanks, suspect microbial growth, water related issues such as roof leaks, plumbing leaks, heating and cooling issues, exterior siding and trim rot just to name some.
Having a post purchase home inspection by us with 33 years of home inspection experience as well has having multiple licenses and past licenses in the fields of construction, septic systems ETC may be your best defense on heading off unsafe conditions and health concerns.
Give us a call, TEXT or email and we can chat a bit about your purchase. We will not pressure you to have an inspection done, just give good solid advise. if you choose to have us conduct an inspection, I would request you wear clothing you don't mind getting dirty and stay with us shoulder to shoulder during the inspection. You will know the property a lot better and be able to go forward making good sound decisions.
Home Buyer inspections;
The better you understand your home the more you may enjoy it. We strongly encourage all of our clients to accompany us during the inspection. I suggest you wear clothing you don't mind getting a little dirty as I may want you to look at an area of concern. You should feel free to ask the me any questions you may have during the inspection process. I will point out areas of the home that may be an issue and explain them to you. I will also show you the good points as well. Plus, we will explain what routine maintenance needed to keep the building in top condition. This will help you to get the most benefit from the inspection and gain the most understanding of the systems that make up your future home, condo, mobile home and how to maintain it.
You will receive a comprehensive narrative written report typically 50 plus pages (email) with photos and diagrams that is easy to understand. Everything identified during the inspection will be included in the report.
Armed with the information our report will provide, you may make your decision with confidence.
Home inspection for Sellers;
If you are planning on selling you home in the near future you may wish to consider a Pre-listing inspection. This will give you a better understanding of your home and may discover problems which the buyers inspector may find, giving you time to repair them. Armed with a thorough inspection and custom detailed report you may go forward in confidence selling your home.