Our home inspection service is a visual inspection of the structural elements and systems which are accessible. This typically includes:
- Grounds, driveway, walks, patio, retaining walls, grading, site drainage trees and shrubs and window wells.
- Foundation type and Condition, cracks, lateral movement, building adjustment known as settlement, Loose mortar joints, parging, water penetration, hydrstatic pressure
- Roof, Roof covering shingle, flashings, chimneys, soil vents, penetrations, attic ventilation, fascia, soffits and gutters and roof drainage.
- Exterior, Cladding [siding], finish, decks, porches, balconies, stairs, banisters, hand rails, windows, doors, storm doors, storm windows, basement walls, basement access, basement windows and attached structures such as garages.
- Attic, Roof framing, collar ties, sheathing, ceiling joists, ceiling joist ties, flooring, insulation, water or moisture penetration and lighting.
- Electrical, Incoming service type [overhead or underground], service conductors, service and sub feeder panels, conductor type, amps, number of breakers/fuses with number of branch circuit wiring, outlet receptacles, GFCI & AFCI protection, switches, lighting.
- Plumbing Type of water line from the street to the building, distribution hot and cold water piping, drain, waste vent system piping, water heater equipment, insulation supports, and flow rate.
- Heating System, Forced hot water known as hydronic, hydro air, gravity feed hot water, steam, forced hot air, gravity feed air.
- Air conditioning systems, Central and or split systems.
We strongly encourage you to accompany the inspector so that you may ask any questions.
Wood destroying insect inspection- Carpenter ants, termites, carpenter bees, beetle borers etc.
Radon in air Testing (We use state of the art radon monitors)
Water quality testing of wells and municipal water supply