Our home inspection service is a visual inspection of the structural elements and systems which are accessible. This typically includes:
- Grounds, driveway, walks, patio, retaining walls, grading, site drainage trees and shrubs and window wells.
- Foundation type and Condition, cracks, lateral movement, building adjustment known as settlement, Loose mortar joints, parging, water penetration, hydrstatic pressure
- Roof, Roof covering shingle, flashings, chimneys, soil vents, penetrations, attic ventilation, fascia, soffits and gutters and roof drainage.
- Exterior, Cladding [siding], finish, decks, porches, balconies, stairs, banisters, hand rails, windows, doors, storm doors, storm windows, basement walls, basement access, basement windows and attached structures such as garages.
- Attic, Roof framing, collar ties, sheathing, ceiling joists, ceiling joist ties, flooring, insulation, water or moisture penetration and lighting.
- Electrical, Incoming service type [overhead or underground], service conductors, service and sub feeder panels, conductor type, amps, number of breakers/fuses with number of branch circuit wiring, outlet receptacles, GFCI & AFCI protection, switches, lighting.
- Plumbing Type of water line from the street to the building, distribution hot and cold water piping, drain, waste vent system piping, water heater equipment, insulation supports, and flow rate.
- Heating System, Forced hot water known as hydronic, hydro air, gravity feed hot water, steam, forced hot air, gravity feed air.
- Air conditioning systems, Central and or split systems.
We strongly encourage you to accompany the inspector so that you may ask any questions.
Additional Fee Paid Services
Wood destroying insect inspection- Carpenter ants, termites, carpenter bees, beetle borers etc.
Radon in air and water Testing (We use state of the art radon monitors)
Water quality testing of wells
If you have any questions, or are interested in any other services, please contact us at;
978-388-2323 800-281-5599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so we may discuss your needs.